Management of storm and rainwater has become a critical element in new, modern construction and retrofits to control runoff from increasingly large areas of impervious surfaces and aging stormwater infrastructures. The ability to not only mitigate water runoff, but to collect and reuse it has become a vital step towards sustainability and water conservation.
Who We Are
Rainwater Management Solutions (RMS) works with Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) to provide effective and innovative stormwater management solutions to commercial and industrial applications. Together, we're able to provide sustainable, high-quality systems for stormwater and rainwater management by combining knowledge and experience of each company has acquired in their respective industries. We strive to continuously reinvent the wheel, making water reuse reliable, low-maintenance, and accessible via a system that decreases your ecological footprint while also benefiting you economically.
Benefits of a Stormwater Management System
Capturing Stormwater is Good for the Environment & Public Health
Normally, precipitation is easily absorbed into the ground, is naturally filtered, and ultimately helps to replenish our store of freshwater in aquifers. Urbanization has led to an increase in impervious surfaces (like concrete, buildings, etc), making it impossible for rainwater to penetrate into the ground like it normally would, increasing stormwater runoff.
Rainfall ultimately runs off of roads, rooftops, and other structures that are polluted with pathogens, gasoline, pesticides, and other hazardous toxins. This contaminated water ends up in our waterways, negatively impacting entire ecosystems and posing risks to public health. Capturing and reusing stormwater and rainwater helps to alleviate these problems, adding balance back into the ecosystem and enhancing the overall quality of our waters.
RMS Helps you Meet Regulatory Guidelines
Managing Stormwater can help meet regulatory guidelines by utilizing the following methods:
- Volume Reduction by retaining stormwater onsite.
- Rate Control by slowing water discharge to the drainage system, mitigating flooding and erosion.
- Water Quality by applying pre-treatment to address contaminants of concern (i.e. filtration for gross solids, phosphorous, metals and oil/grease).
Reducing the capacity and size of onsite detention measures
Collecting Stormwater is an Economical Source of Water
The best thing about rainfall is that it’s a 100% free source of water, so anytime municipal water is replaced with collected rainwater there’s a value of savings. RMS can provide ROI’s for homeowners and businesses that want to collect and reuse stormwater and rainwater to offset municipal water usage and possible stormwater fees.
Taking Action Shows you’re Socially Responsible
Effectively and efficiently collecting and reusing stormwater and rainwater is an easy way to show people that you care about preserving the environment and human health. In contrast to common corporate greenwashing initiatives, collecting and reusing this free resource is a way to actually make an impact on your local ecosystem.
Interested in a stormwater management system for your company or residence?
At RMS, we have everything you need in one convenient place. Check out our guide or simply give us a call at (866) 653-8337 to learn more.
Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) and Rainwater Management Solutions (RMS) are working together to provide innovative Stormwater and Rainwater solutions for commercial, industrial, and residential applications. They’re able to provide sustainable and high-quality systems for stormwater and rainwater management by combining the knowledge and experience each company has acquired in their respective industries.
Learn More about The Stormwater Management Process
Stormwater Vs. Rainwater
- Stormwater: Natural precipitation that has contacted a surface at grade or below grade and has not been put to beneficial use. (ARCSA/ASPE/ANSI 63-2013 Rainwater Catchment Systems)
- Rainwater: Water from natural precipitation from the atmosphere that lands on any man-made or natural surface that is not contaminated by use. (ARCSA Rainwater Harvesting Manual 2015
STORMWATER MANAGEMENT PRE-FILTRATION
Bay Separator Stormwater Separator
- Efficiently and effectively treat stormwater by separating debris and trapping pollutants before they enter the waterways
- Efficiently and effectively treat stormwater by separating debris and trapping pollutants before they enter the waterways.The BaySeparator is a unique hydrodynamic storm water treatment device that is an ideal solution for debris and pollutant trapping.The BaySeparator consists of two standard precast manholes and the BaySeparator unit. The two manholes allow for the removal and storage of pollutants, while the BaySeparator directs the flow of water to provide the most efficient treatment possible. Standard manhole units are available in 4-foot (1.22 m), 5-foot (1.52 m), 6-foot (1.83 m) and 10-foot (3.05 m) diameters, 5-foot (1.52 m), 6-foot (1.83 m) and 10-foot (3.05 m) diameters, however the primary and storage manholes may be tailored to suit any specific site conditions necessary.
- Removal of TSS, trash, oils, and hydrocarbons
- Dual manhole design limits re-suspension
- High bypass flow rates
- Short lead times
Barracuda™ Stormwater Separator
Protect water quality and remove total suspended solids.The Barracuda is market-changing, stormwater quality technology. A high-performance, vortex hydrodynamic separator, the Barracuda removes total suspended solids (TSS). KEY FEATURES:
- Single manhole design
- No elevation loss between the inlet and outlet
- Flexible inlet/outlet positions (not just 180 degree orientation)
- Internal bypass for inline installation (where applicable)
- Internal bypass for inline installation (where applicable)
- Revolutionary, patent-pending “teeth” mitigate turbulence in the sump area to prevent resuspension of captured contaminants.
- Easy maintenance using a vacuum truck or similar equipment.
- Surface inspection and maintenance with no confined space entry
BayFilter™ Stormwater Media Filter
Stormwater Media Filter designed to remove sediment, phosphorous, metal, and other pollutants.
The BayFilter is a state of the art stormwater filter designed to effectively remove pollutants such as total suspended solids (TSS), phosphorus, metals, nitrogen, trash and hydrocarbons. The compound spiral media configuration allows for a large filter surface area in a compact footprint. This configuration results in the most efficient and effective stormwater filter available in the marketplace. The BayFilter is available in multiple sizes, with multiple media configurations, to meet any flow rate and design consideration while targeting specific pollutants. AA BayFilter System is typically a concrete structure (precast vault, manhole, or cast in place structure) with a single or multiple BayFilter cartridges.
- Approved by WADOE and NJDEP
- Longest service life of any cartridge filter with the ability to treat over 300 pounds of sediment
- Spiral design provides a large filter surface area
- Ability to treat TSS, total phosphorus, dissolved metals, and other pollutants
- Customizable systems
- Customizable systems
LARGE VOLUME STORAGE
StormTech Chambers make deals happen by reducing the overall installed costs of underground detention systems. Now you can meet the land-use requirements and overall budgets of your projects by utilizing:
The most cost-effective subsurface detention/retention system
High quality injection molded polypropylene chambers
The only chambers produced to ASTM standards
The only chambers designed to meet all the AASHTO requirements for live load and earth load design
Large storage volume per sq.ft. (StormTech can fit in similar footprints up to 60” pipe)
Lightweight chambers for easy construction and superior production rates for installation of underground systems underground systems
Nonproprietary pipe manifold design based on accepted engineering techniques to assure conveyance capacity for peak flows
Isolator Row is a filter fabric and is a technique used to inexpensively enhance TSS removal and provide easy access for inspection and maintenance by wrapping the fabric around one of the StormTech Chambers
Capabilities of adding non-permeable liner encasing chambers to create a detention system.